Signs You May Have a Neurodegenerative Disease
Oftentimes, when someone first begins to deal with symptoms from a neurodegenerative disease they will start to notice a plethora of uncomfortable, unsettling, and overall painful feelings that must be treated with medical help. Listed below will be a list of signs and symptoms that will be able to help you discover if it’s time to visit your doctor and discuss whether they could be side effects from a potential neurodegenerative disease. Most likely, if your practitioner is concerned, he/she will send you for a second opinion. Based on our research, these are the signs it’s time to talk to your doctor.
- Tremor– When you are resting all four limbs, one or more of them may begin to start shaking when you are trying to stay still.
- Movement Becomes Slower- As the symptoms of these diseases set in, you will begin to feel that your movement has become slower. It will seem as if it has grown harder to do simple tasks that were once easy to you such as getting out of bed or walk to the fridge.
- Stiffness- Your body starts to feel stiffer which can create discomfort in your muscles and make it difficult to use your body’s full range of motion.
- Speech- The way you talk can begin to change through partial slurring of words, talking too quick or slow and even talking less than you used to.
- Loss of Normal Body Movements- As the disease takes over your body it becomes harder to do simple things such as smiling, blinking, snapping your fingers, or even stretching your arms and legs as you exit your car.
- Loss of Balance- Due to your body becoming stiffer, your movement being less effective and shaking beginning to occur, your body will buckle on you in a manner where you start to lose your balance when you are walking or even standing still.
- Memory Loss- Memory loss is a common symptom in Alzheimer’s disease – as well as with many other diagnoses. As you start to forget information that was stated in a conversation you are participating in and as the disease worsens, you may begin to forget who your family members and friends are.
- Personality Changes- Neurodegenerative diseases can change and alter your moods and behavior by causing you to have depression, anxiety, anger towards others, delusions, and even a loss of trust in others you are close to.
- Loss of Skills- Losing the ability to play the guitar, dancing, painting art, cooking meals for your family, reading books to your grandchildren and much more becomes common as the disease begins to take over your body and its functions.
As these are just some of the symptoms you may be dealing with, if any of them are experienced, make it a priority to see a doctor as soon as possible to let them know what symptoms you are dealing with so they can help you sooner than later. Whether you have a Neurodegenerative disease or simply a reaction to a prescription you are taking, when you see these symptoms consistently, it’s time to get a second opinion.
When people begin to develop a symptom they’ve never experienced before, including: vision loss, dizziness, mood swings, severe back pain, numbness and more, we begin to wonder what our bodies are dealing with. It is stressful. It is upsetting and it produces a lot...
Multiple Sclerosis affects people all over the world. In fact, many are unsure of what the obvious signs of Multiple Sclerosis are, and how they can tell if they are suffering from it or not. It is important to note that while you may have a symptom here or there,...
While there are many people all over the world who battle against neurodegenerative diseases every single day, many do not know what they are, and what the correct definition of them is. Therefore, it is important to know how to identify these diseases and the...